This sculpture by Jorge Oteiza is made up of polyhedrons. It is four metres high and five metres long, it weighs six tonnes and it is made of three millimetre thick sheet metal. It is named after the wife of the sculptor Itziar Carreño, now deceased, and relates to a project dating back to 1959.
It emphasises, in Oteiza’s own words, the play of light and shadows caused by the different faces and hollows of the sculpture, which represent the peaks and valleys in the landscape of Guipuzcoa, its villages, valleys and rivers. Despite its monumental size it gives a sense of lightness and levitation.