La Antigua Interpretation Center
- Town: Zumarraga
- Address: Beloki Hiribidea, s/n
- Zip: 20700
- Tel.: 943722042
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.urolagaraia.com
- Schedule: Tuesday to Friday: 10.30-14.30 Saturday : 12:00-14:30 and 16:30-18:30 Sunday: 10:30-14:30
- Contact: La Antigua Tourism Office
- Rate: Free
- Other services: Next to the tourist office, chapel of La Antigua and Bar-Restaurant Bide Bide. Large green area for recreation.
- Brief description: The Interpretation Center of La Antigua is located next to the chapel and is the seat of the regional tourist office. In that office, visitors will find an area dedicated exclusively to the project Land of Saint Ignatius and the Ignatian Way, plus tourist information of the Shire. This modern building houses 1,305 m2 space for permanent and temporary exhibitions, and a bar-restaurant. The Interpretation Center tries to present the evolution of Zumarraga and La Antigua hermitage, offering a journey through the history of the village starting in the fourteenth century and continuing today. Various touch screens, texts, photos and videos, explain the evolution of the valley, their villages, customs, or the importance of iron and railroad had in the region. In this sense stands out the space dominated by a replica of the old Urola Railway. In addition, visitors can see a 14 minute audiovisual, in which several residents in Zumarraga talk about their locality and its relation to the hermitage.